what to do with my tone...

本文由 edward020772006-08-30 發表於 "Bass" 討論區

1. edward02077

edward02077 New Member

註冊日期:
    2006-08-29
    文章:
    讚:
    i am using a "tobias killer B" 4 string bass....
    when i doing the fingering and chord style...its perfect tone...
    but when i doing the slapping....the tone sounds blurred...like within a set of rusted string...
    i did tried EQ adjustment...but still...i can't get the sound i want...i am thinking about buying a pre-amp to enhance it or changing a new set of pick ups...
    the problem is....its a Tobias....i dont want to do any change of it...and i dont have so much money...what should i do???
    maybe i am just too greedy.....

2. BrianC

BrianC Member

註冊日期:
    2005-01-15
    文章:
    讚:
    1.Do you know any other Tobias similar to yours has the slapping sound that you like? Because if you want a Marcus Miller sound out of your Tobias,that will never happen!
    2.cheap ways:change strings,try different amps,try a good compressor......changing pick ups or pre will change fingering tone,too.

3. Jumbo

Jumbo Member

註冊日期:
    2003-06-07
    文章:
    讚:
    As far as I know, it could be the set up. Some light adjustments will help.

1. Adjust the neck, let's say 1/4 circuit, and make it a little bit forward. This will make your thumb tone tighter, but finger style harder.

2. Lower the action of strings, especially G & D strings. This will cause some buzz when pulling them, but make your slap tone more crispy.

All the adjustments must be doing little by little. Listen to the differences from Amp carefully and patiently. You will find the best way to reach your expectation.

Last edited: 2006-09-03

分享此頁面