本文由 cheng2002-06-29 發表於 "音樂、樂理、其他樂器" 討論區

1. cheng

cheng New Member

註冊日期:
    2002-04-20
    文章:
    讚:
    他是我最愛的鼓手..擅長所有的曲風,謙虛且感覺及技巧都是影響其他大師:

"Every drummer wants to play like Gadd because he plays perfect... He has brought orchestral and compositional thinking to the drum kit while at the same time having a great imagination and a great ability to swing."
    Chick Corea

"I was stunned. No one had ever done anything like that before. I couldn't believe it."
    Donald Fagan of Steely Dan, after Steve Gadd had sightread the entire chart to "Aja" flawlessly (including the solo) all by the second take.

"Number one drummer in the world, Mr.Steve Gadd."5
    Dave Grusin

"THE BEST RHYTHM SECTION IN THE ENTIRE WORLD: Ralph Macdonald, Steve Gadd, Eric Gale, Richard Tee, Anthony Jackson"8
    Quincy Jones

"Let's pick the 'president' of drummers, Steve Gadd."10
    Billy Ward

"I love drummers, but it disappoints me because they have not elevated the art of drumming. They've set it back quite a few years. I think the only guy who made a dent in the change-over, if you want to call it that, was Gadd. Steve Gadd was and probably still is, the best at that particular kind of drumming. I think that's because he has a jazz background, so he's able to incorporate it when he plays. He was very interesting in the beginning. Out of all the drummers I've heard, Gadd would have to be the one who has the most class behind the drums".
    Buddy Rich

"The first thing I remember hearing Steve on was Chick Corea's 'Humpty Dumpty'. When I heard him play, I lost it. After that, I listened a lot to Steve's work with Chick."
    Dave Weckl

2. Mr72

Mr72 Well-Known Member

註冊日期:
    2001-09-07
    文章:
    讚:
    我也喜歡Steve Gadd,特別是他的右手...奇怪的是'Gadd Gang'我有一張,反而覺得沒有太精彩.......
    我曾在Chick Corea & Friends concert 以 相當近的距離欣賞他的表演,Yamaha Studio set,但18寸的Kick Drum和他魁武的身材倒是一個很怪的比例,,..

分享此頁面