[廢文+影片] 原來EVH的Runnin With The Devil用調音器調不出原曲音色...

本文由 聰明的木頭2020-09-03 發表於 "吉他" 討論區

1. 聰明的木頭

聰明的木頭 Well-Known Member

註冊日期:
    2004-10-24
    文章:
    讚:
    影片一開始示範用調音器調好的音彈奏,聽起來沒問題、但聽起來跟原曲就是有種微妙的差異,
    接著他用泛音調音法去調2 & 3弦後...喔喔!! 整個味道都出來了,原來EVH當年不用調音器調音啊~

Last edited: 2020-09-03
    已獲得Ray-Huang別吵了按 "讚"!
  2. douglennon

douglennon Active Member

註冊日期:
    2005-08-26
    文章:
    讚:
    EVH應該是故意而且是用調音器調的喔!

以下節錄自Peterson strobe tuners網站:
    "One thing EVH understood very well, which the majority of guitar players still tend to have difficulty grasping, was the concept of Sweetened Tuning. On high gain settings, an Equally tempered major or minor third interval within a chord sounds dreadful because tuned "normally", major thirds are 13.7 cents too sharp and minor thirds are 15.6 cents too flat! YES, even on YOUR guitar!

So bad is the problem that most hard rock guitarists before EVH would stick to fourth & fifth etc. intervals and avoid thirds wherever possible. EVH did not want to sacrifice the sound of a third in his chords, so he tuned to Perfect thirds to suit whatever song in whatever key.

In an interview in 1979, Eddie said, "Each string is an interval of fourths, and then the B string is off. Theoretically, it’s not right. Like if you tune an open-E chord in the first position and it’s perfectly in tune, and then you hit a barre chord an octave higher, it’s out of tune. The B string is always a mother to keep in tune all the time! So I have to retune for certain songs. And when I use the Floyd onstage, I have to unclamp it and do it real quick. But with a standard-vibrato guitar, I can tune it while I’m playing." This added a certain harmonic quality (among other things) to his playing which was, and still is, very distinctive.

Such a method is only possible if you keep in mind that this Perfect Third will come back to bite you if you fail to retune it or bend it back up into tune when that string's function changes from producing a third to producing a fourth, fifth, seventh or unison. Back in the day, no other tuner besides the Peterson had a vernier control or cent dial, most still don't, which made it a logical choice for a musical and technical genius like Mr. Van Halen who understood the importance of intonation and set-up as well as tuning."

3. 聰明的木頭

聰明的木頭 Well-Known Member

註冊日期:
    2004-10-24
    文章:
    讚:
    感謝分享。
    不過我想到一件事,1979年有電子調音器了嗎?
    世界第一台automatic chromatic tuner是Boss在1983年推出的TU-12:
    https://www.boss.info/global/promos/tunerhistory/
    在這之前還有其他可以顯示精準數值的調音器嗎?

我個人比較傾向彈古典出身的EVH是利用本身的音感來調音,就像古典演奏會開場那樣。
    但也不能排除當年他已有使用很精準的電子調音器調音的可能性。
    附帶一提、這種調音法似乎只適用EVH第一張專輯的歌曲。

4. 類比人

類比人 Active Member

註冊日期:
    2012-01-28
    文章:
    讚:

The best known brand in strobe tuner technology is Peterson Tuners who in 1967 marketed their first strobe tuner, the Model 400.
    資料來源:https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Electronic_tuner#Strobe_tuners

5. 聰明的木頭

聰明的木頭 Well-Known Member

註冊日期:
    2004-10-24
    文章:
    讚:

分享此頁面