[] JEM.ZAX [] Active Member

註冊日期:
    2003-02-03
    文章:
    讚:
    10 Questions with George Lynch..

有興趣就讀一讀吧...^^

1. What are you currently up to?
    Lynch Mob has been touring and will continue to but we missed the summer because our singer, Robert Mason, was involved in a very bad motorcycle accident. I'm gearing up for another recording project as well. The songs have been starting to flow again and I've rediscovered my enthusiasm for playing guitar again. I've been buying up old Marshall amps and cabs and cool old funky pedals and effects. Tech stuff drives a lot of us guitar players.

2. What has been the highlight(s) and lowpoints(s) of your career to date?
    Your perception of highlight's and low points changes with time. When I remember back to a lot of the difficult experiences we had to endure in our younger days coming up through the ranks, I forget how miserable we actually were at the time! Being away from your family for long periods of time is never pleasant. That's probably the worst thing. The highlight in my career is the elation you experience on the ride up to the top and all the money, fame and freedom to express yourself musically without having to fight the world to get your music heard. The low point is realizing it's over.

3. Lynch/Pilson - What are your personal highlights on the new album?
    'Ever Higher'is my personal favorite track. Beyond the fact that I just personally love the song itself; the dynamics and the arrangement, the way it unfolds; that song will always remind of a period of time in my life. My Daughter, Mariah and I were living in a little desert town in Arizona and I was coming up with what was the basis of that song at the time. I would play it for Mariah a lot on an acoustic guitar before she went to sleep and I think more than anything it was therapeutic for both of us. Recording the LP record was a difficult but really rewarding experience. I know Jeff and I had some differences but we got past every one of those obstacles. The record took over a year and a half of our lives and is a reflection of a lot of the trials we are all going through at that time.

4. How has your guitar playing evolved over the years? Do you hear your style in any modern guitarists at all?
    My playing preferences change like the wind although, I'm sure there's a current of continuity that runs through it. I don't look at my playing as an evolutionary process. The harder you try and escape who and what you are the more change eludes you. Change is a natural process that will occur unconsciously. I just try and surround myself in the things that matter most to me and I'm sure those elements will find their way into he music that I create. I don't hear any of my influence in younger players. I am definitely emulating them. I am always listening. I get just excited about a new cool band or player as I did when I was young and discovering guys like Jeff beck!

5. What are Lynch Mob future plans? Will there be any European tour dates to support the Revolution release in Europe?
    We will probably record a new original CD at some point. There are no real plans to tour Europe for us at this moment. It would be very exciting to go there after all these years but we have to wait for the right opportunity.

6. In interviews Jeff Pilson, and Don Dokken all speak about your departure from Dokken. Would there ever be any chance of you and Jeff returning to Dokken, or is that out of the question? What was your fondest memory of your time in Dokken?
    Jeff just finished completely severing ties with Dokken so I don't see him going back anytime soon. Mick has expressed never wanting to be involved with me so I don't see much hope in that ever happening. Also, I would never be interested in promoting something I'm not invested in which would preclude any one-off event or temporary reunion just to make everyone a few dollars.

7. Any chance to see a release of the Lynch Mob demos featuring Glenn Hughes?
    As far as I know, sadly, I believe our producer at the time; Keith Olsen had those tracks erased. There was a lot of magic that went away when he did that.

8. How did you first get into the music business? Who have been your main influences on your career to date?
    Well, I started out doing the high school band thing and that just kept developing. I started out building a reputation as a player to contend with in my neighborhood. We had a band called'Tungus Grump' and every back yard party or high school dance or battle of the band we played was a war. From there I formed'The Boyz' and we did the LA/Hollywood circuit and developed a following and a reputation. We had a string of managers and opportunities but it wasn't until I met up with Don that we achieved any real success. Don's ability to lie cheat and steal from anyone has served him (and me) very well. I just wouldn't want to be him. I wouldn't like myself very much and, to me. It's not worth trading your soul for something as disposable and unsatisfying as material success.

9. What do you do in your spare time outside of music?
    I have 4 beautiful children and 3 grandkids. I love being with my kids and watching them grow up, sharing the good times and just trying to be they're for them when the inevitable tough times hit them. My oldest boy, Sean, is going to GIT in Hollywood. He's very close to having his Master degree in chemical engineering and securing a great position with a very large company but he decided to take a sabbatical and pursue his love of guitar. He didn't want any regrets of lost opportunities in his life so he did a very courageous thing and moved his family across the country and took a leap of faith.

I read a lot and I escape a lot. I love taking off on my Harley and getting lost in the desert. The desert is where my heart is and one of my bigger dreams in life is to build an Earth ship in New Mexico. It will a have a solar powered studio built into a couple of old Airstream trailers bermed into the side of a mountain. Once a year I'll record a record, send it to the label via satellite so I can pay my bills then hop on my Harley and ride over the reservation, hang out with my Indian friends doing peyote and playing guitar around the fire.

2. [] JEM.ZAX []

註冊日期:
    2003-02-03
    文章:
    讚:
    大鬍子,

MacAlpine也是我相當喜愛的樂手,早期的音樂旋律優美,樂句很蕭邦式...技巧當然是沒話說,重點是....他鋼琴很強!!!!

他不紅的原因應該是他的"膚色"吧??!! 光他在八零末彈奏的專輯就足夠奠定他的地位....這幾年他的專輯風格變化很大,加入了CAB玩Fusion...這都讓我難消化呀,不過我還是常常會聽他約到95年之前的專輯.....之後的將來再說!!!

Rock99,

Eddie也沒受啥刺激,就之前口腔癌,酗酒,主唱沒著落,經紀人離開,沒唱片約,老婆跟好來汙的人烙跑,跟著也離婚....差不多就這些吧!! ^^

那把是09~42啦,但低把位打弦嚴重,回台後會換成10的啦...

你說的"壓縮太大的感覺"是怎麼了?????

呵呵,以後有機會當然會往Lynch式痛發展....其實只要是High Gain加上Demon就會有Lynch痛了啦^^

我想問一下Mr72,像他錄音時,不知有沒有哪位樂手曾經用Lynch的琴或Demon來錄製過國語歌?? 在哪張專輯呢??

關於那個TRIPLER,有誰沒事演奏時搬三顆音箱??!!
    而且這類切換的盒子都會有訊號衰弱的問題,不知這顆如何.....呵,明年就知啦!!

3. 掌門人

掌門人 當代校長張超然

註冊日期:
    2001-08-30
    文章:
    讚:
    </font><blockquote>引言:</font><hr />原留言人 rock99:
    我雖然也是EVH的超級樂迷,但對於前幾年換主唱之後的事就不清楚了,Eddie是受了什麼刺激?為什麼躲在家裡不搞團了,而且要重組就快點,幹嘛這樣扭扭捏捏的</font>[/QUOTE]可能因為90'年代末 alternative rock 掘起,沒人要聽 hard rock,所以那些
    rockers 都回家吃老米。現在倒是都回來了,比我想像的快很多。

EVH 的事我在廣播上也聽說了。我猜想一方面脫離很久,要有新東西也不容易,他們也不想讓人失望;另一方面有可能是 marketing,用來累積樂迷期待的能量。連宋配不是也這樣搞嗎?

4. 大鬍子

大鬍子 鼓版版工

註冊日期:
    2002-10-24
    文章:
    讚:
    JEM.ZAX~我倒是非常喜愛CAB,前兩張我都買了,
    後來看到發了CAB4卻沒見過3,猜想可能是故意的.
    他們的技巧真是高超,有的朋友說聽不懂他們在玩什麼,
    我覺得這種音樂聽的是感覺,要是看現場我相信這問題就不存在了.

5. [] JEM.ZAX []

註冊日期:
    2003-02-03
    文章:
    讚:
    大鬍子,

不知你有否收集MacAlpine的另一個Side Band - Planet X ?? 我只知之前DT的KB在裡面...

他們的專輯也很不錯,但我只簡單的聽過幾次...很搖滾,也很DT式的一直換主題玩..有看到一定會收!!

CAB我只有第一張,不是我聽不慣...而是我都得花很多很多時間來消化一張專輯,這類技巧高超的團又得花更多時間....不過,只要是MacAlpine出的買就沒錯啦~~ (說真的,我這種喜愛單刀直入型搖滾的人一點都聽不懂這類音樂)

我連DT的專輯都不知他們在搞啥.. >_<

6. [] JEM.ZAX []

註冊日期:
    2003-02-03
    文章:
    讚:
    掌門人,

其實現在一些主流的團體很多很多仍是另類音樂,Hard Rock都往歐洲去了吧??!!

不知是否大家厭倦一邊跳一邊彈Guitar或Bass了??!!

克魯小丑,白獅,Van Halen...歐洲等團都將重組再出發..
    2004應該有不少專輯可以期待.....耶!!!!!!!

有人買了Skid Row的新專輯嗎??
    Ex-Skid Row的Bach應該也會有新作..

GnR的新專輯一點也不期待,而且.....專輯拖了好幾年,沒人想等啦...

可是Mr Big明年是不可能重組啦..>_<

7. 掌門人

掌門人 當代校長張超然

註冊日期:
    2001-08-30
    文章:
    讚:
    </font><blockquote>引言:</font><hr /> MacAlpine也是我相當喜愛的樂手,早期的音樂旋律優美,樂句很蕭邦式...技巧當然是沒話說,重點是....他鋼琴很強!!!!
    他不紅的原因應該是他的"膚色"吧??!! 光他在八零末彈奏的專輯就足夠奠定他的地位....這幾年他的專輯風格變化很大,加入了CAB玩Fusion...這都讓我難消化呀,不過我還是常常會聽他約到95年之前的專輯.....之後的將來再說!!!
    </font>[/QUOTE]MacAlpine不夠紅,搞不好是因為他的音樂有點太冷,而且那類的音樂好像只有YJM 真的賺到。你會在乎裡面的 piano 演奏?我每次聽都覺得很怪- 突然跑出一首沒關連的。

他玩 Fusion 是很有可能的,他好像很受 Allen Hothworth (我一定拼錯) 影響。

</font><blockquote>引言:</font><hr /> 其實現在一些主流的團體很多很多仍是另類音樂,Hard Rock都往歐洲去了吧??!!
    不知是否大家厭倦一邊跳一邊彈Guitar或Bass了??!!
    </font>[/QUOTE]對啊!所以我都不再稱那種音樂叫另類。
    我想大家不是厭倦一邊跳一邊彈Guitar或Bass,而是那些音樂是屬於 70-80 年代的年輕人,現在的年輕人喜歡的改變了,這都很正常。

那些音樂又回來,一部份也是國外的中年人懷舊。那個 Kiss 的 concert,現在去的放眼望去很多都是長髮不再。有趣的是旁邊的美媚有的還是很年輕,搞不好是嬰兒潮的男人變有錢了。

現在連 Feewood Mac 都回來了。有點倒味口,老做些聽過 100 次的老歌。

</font><blockquote>引言:</font><hr /> Being away from your family for long periods of time is never pleasant. That's probably the worst thing. The highlight in my career is the elation you experience on the ride up to the top and all the money, fame and freedom to express yourself musically without having to fight the world to get your music heard. The low point is realizing it's over. </font>[/QUOTE]這一段還挺 meaningful 的。

8. 大鬍子

大鬍子 鼓版版工

註冊日期:
    2002-10-24
    文章:
    讚:
    JEM.ZAX~有啊,Dream Theater的side project我都會收.
    Planet X是Dream Theater前鍵盤手Derek Sherinian主導的團.
    買回來以後才發現陣容也是超堅強的團.音樂當然也不錯.
    Derek Sherinian個人第一張專輯名稱也是Planet X,
    看來他還頗喜歡這個名稱的.

我剛開始接觸前衛金屬/搖滾也聽不懂他們在幹嘛,聽久了就懂了.
    他們玩的技巧很繁複,變拍轉拍轉調,和絃與拍子的分解組合.....
    我發現會去聽這種音樂的人大都是有玩樂器的.
    不過也有人不吃這套,他們會認為幹嘛把音樂搞的這麼複雜,
    而且這種音樂沒情感可言.

我前幾篇說的有個資深樂手/樂迷丟一堆唱片出來賣.他就回歸70與
    80的rock/metal,把一些前衛金屬與fusion的唱片都丟出來賣.
    聽一個朋友說他在二手唱片行也看到一個資深樂手狂丟唱片出來賣,
    賣了約兩千張.包括Steve Vai,Joe Satriani...都不要了.
    我朋友很好奇問他到底現在聽什麼音樂,那人回答他現在很推崇CAB
    與Vital Tech Tones,Brett Garsed那類的fusion音樂.
    我在古典音樂唱片部分也曾經把卡拉揚指揮的唱片都賣掉,覺得太冷.

掌門人~哈哈哈,我一個朋友也說MacAlpine的技巧沒話說,但是沒感覺.
    他的個人專輯照例都會收錄一首蕭邦演奏曲,我想這是他表示對蕭邦
    的尊敬吧.另一個搖滾鍵盤手Vitalij Kuprij甚至就出版了張純古典
    演奏專輯,演奏李斯特與蕭邦的鋼琴奏鳴曲.

9. rock99

rock99 New Member

註冊日期:
    2002-09-28
    文章:
    讚:
    我以前只知道EVH得了鼻煙癌,原來他晚景這麼淒涼,連老婆都跑了。現在我明白他們為什麼遲遲不出片的原因了,那種想求好、想改變又怕關聽眾流失的心情跟我現在對拍片的心情是一樣的吧!

10. 掌門人

掌門人 當代校長張超然

註冊日期:
    2001-08-30
    文章:
    讚:
    </font><blockquote>引言:</font><hr /> 不過也有人不吃這套,他們會認為幹嘛把音樂搞的這麼複雜,而且這種音樂沒情感可言..................
    ..........我在古典音樂唱片部分也曾經把卡拉揚指揮的唱片都賣掉,覺得太冷. </font>[/QUOTE]音樂複雜和有沒有情感其實沒關聯。
    你怎麼不把卡拉揚指揮的賣我?以前我還挺喜歡他的 Mozart 指揮。

</font><blockquote>引言:</font><hr />現在我明白他們為什麼遲遲不出片的原因了,那種想求好、想改變又怕關聽眾流失的心情跟我現在對拍片的心情是一樣的吧! </font>[/QUOTE]可是不幹有怎知聽眾怎麼想?搞不好不做還先覺得對不起自己。

11. 大鬍子

大鬍子 鼓版版工

註冊日期:
    2002-10-24
    文章:
    讚:
    掌門人~那是好久以前的事情了,有段時間我愛死伯恩斯坦,
    他的音樂太熱了.相對冷的蕭提與卡拉揚的唱片我就賣掉一堆.
    卡拉揚70'年代時還是很棒的,我很喜歡他那時的音樂風格.
    後來老的時候我就很受不了,音樂太唯美但不真實.
    尤其是他後期在sony發的影片那運鏡與剪接讓我很無法認同其美感.
    但他在DG時代的現場演出影片還是很正點,因為不是他製作的.

12. wenyushn-小溫

wenyushn-小溫 New Member

註冊日期:
    2001-12-31
    文章:
    讚:
    既然這麼喜歡TONE
    那乾脆發起一個SCREAMING DEAMON的團購...
    只是有沒有5個人阿??
    不知道單的和雙的有沒有人試過
    一般都是裝BRIDGE的雙線圈吧

13. Kramer

Kramer Member

註冊日期:
    2001-09-15
    文章:
    讚:
    昨天去95晃了一下
    發現廠商又來赚年終了
    有GN'R的歷年MTV和運用幻象現場演唱會DVD
    Andy tim...的DVD
    skid row專輯也發了(我只看到日盤)
    另外Motley crue最近又有動作
    只是我看不懂日文不知寫什麼
    最後買了張slayer日本現場DVD和young guitar12月號回家又看到whitesnake吉他手現場器材圖片
    reb又帶著他的suhr and RBM2上場
    哪裡還有RBM阿

14. 壞星人

壞星人 New Member

註冊日期:
    2003-06-26
    文章:
    讚:
    Mick兄
    上次那幾把RBM2沒有買啊?買Suhr的RB好啦!也是很漂亮的
    現在白蛇的吉他手是誰?是RB嗎?

15. [] JEM.ZAX []

註冊日期:
    2003-02-03
    文章:
    讚:
    Reb Beach & Doug Aldrich..

Doug Aldrich也是一位吉他彈的超棒的藍調搖滾吉他手,手法很棒...

曾待過Lion,Hurricane,Dio...自己組的Burning Rain與Bad Moon Rising都是很棒的八零式吉他搖滾團..

16. Kramer

Kramer Member

註冊日期:
    2001-09-15
    文章:
    讚:
    那隻RBM別說了到快$1500
    我怎麼買的下去

17. 大鬍子

大鬍子 鼓版版工

註冊日期:
    2002-10-24
    文章:
    讚:
    Doug Aldrich好久沒聽到他的東西了,這咖是不錯。

18. rock99

rock99 New Member

註冊日期:
    2002-09-28
    文章:
    讚:
    很奇妙的感覺,80的咖就會找一樣是80的咖,白蛇這種80大團是不會去找現在的年輕吉他手吧

19. 大鬍子

大鬍子 鼓版版工

註冊日期:
    2002-10-24
    文章:
    讚:
    如果Whitesnack把Limp Bizkit之前那位猴臉吉他手抓來,我倒是樂觀其成。
    哈哈哈哈,一群老頭卯起來跳,這樣很夠力,看起來一定很爽。

20. [] JEM.ZAX []

註冊日期:
    2003-02-03
    文章:
    讚:
    From Satriani.com

Happy New Year!!! It's the Year of the Monkey too! ...After a short but cool break with a bit of Sierra snowboarding, we're back in the studio mixing a new solo project slated for an April release. The live G3 stuff will be authored this month for a Febuary release...The NAMM show in January will see the release of my new signature amp with Peavey,the "JSX", it's a screamer! And, a new Ibanez JS model, red body and headstock, with a newly designed DiMarzio neck pickup, "PAF JOE", to better match the Fred. ... We are exploring the idea of a European G3 tour in early summer, more on that as details emerge...Joe

看來Joe也下嫁於Peavey了,新音箱與自己的PU,呵呵....

期待G3的DVD..^^

分享此頁面