PRS Singlecut Frenzy

本文由 JustPlay2005-05-07 發表於 "吉他" 討論區

1. JustPlay

JustPlay Member

註冊日期:
    2005-04-23
    文章:
    讚:
    It seems like there has been some kind of a PRS Singlecut frenzy going on in US and Taiwan (pretty much all around the globe actually).

When buying a PRS Singlecut, please ask yourself this question first, "Why am I buying it?" If your answer is that you like the way it looks, sounds and feels, then go ahead and spend the money because for you, the owner and player, it is worth it. After all, no one has the right to tell you what guitars you should and shouldn't play.

But if your answer is that the value of a Singlecut is likely to increase and you want to buy one as an investment because the PRS Singlecut series have been discontinued due to Paul's lawsuit with Gibson, please think twice before you leap and open your wallet. The court's ruling is not final yet and Paul will appeal again soon. I don't think Paul will hesitate if he needs to fight all the way up to the supreme court. I personally believe Paul will win in the end because a PRS single definitely looks different form a Les Paul. So assuming that Paul beats Gibson in the end, what does it mean? It means that PRS will be making the Singlecut series again and that you are likely to lose money on your investment if you choose to join the Singlecut frenzy.

Happy Playing~

2. bellamy

bellamy Member

註冊日期:
    2003-08-20
    文章:
    讚:
    why do you think PRS will win in end??

although I hope so...I hate this lawsuit of GIBSON

thanks

Last edited: 2005-05-07
  3. LynchFan

LynchFan Active Member

註冊日期:
    2004-09-26
    文章:
    讚:
    Cause everybody is trying to copy it
    PRS is only a symbol that makes the greatest profits.
    Besides I don't think SingleCuts does look like LPs

4. JustPlay

JustPlay Member

註冊日期:
    2005-04-23
    文章:
    讚:
    QUOTE=LynchFan]Cause everybody is trying to copy it
    PRS is only a symbol that makes the greatest profits.
    Besides I don't think SingleCuts does look like LPs[/QUOTE]

You pretty much answered the question for me. Thanks, LynchFan.

5. 達摩

達摩 Active Member

註冊日期:
    2002-02-25
    文章:
    讚:
    PRS "might" release "SingleCut Trem" and "Tremonti model" back to production line if Paul win the lawsuit after....but might NOT release "SingleCut Stoptail", b'coz SCc which come with the classic tone configurations (like LP), but the SCT is definitely it's own beast, which has got own electric design by Paul. and My SCs is very much like the LP I had, only less muddy. Even both models are "outlaw", I won't still spend "Crazy" price for it, I will only accept to paid "Fair" price for those beauty!!

6. LynchFan

LynchFan Active Member

註冊日期:
    2004-09-26
    文章:
    讚:
    They could always came up with something...
    Like PRSs can said they don't have binding or they have the different headstock or so...

It's just they make too good profits.
    So they become the target.

Same as ESPs
    If you look at their early products
    They all have the same Jackson Headstock...

7. EdwardTang

EdwardTang New Member

註冊日期:
    2005-03-11
    文章:
    讚:
    A PRS singlecut is pretty distinctive and it certainly sounds different from a traditional les paul. This lawsuit is lame.
    I think chosing a nice top in any guitar that suits your style is the best way to go. Anyways , hope Paul would win at his next appeal.

8. JustPlay

JustPlay Member

註冊日期:
    2005-04-23
    文章:
    讚:
    PRS and Gibson's lawsuit concerns the shape of the singlecut, not the bridge. I see no reason why Paul won't make the Singlecut series with stoptail bridges again if he wins. The non-intonatable bridge is Paul's own design after all.

達摩, your guitar is a beauty. My first post wasn't aiming at you. I simply wanted to express a personal opinion.

Happy Playing~

9. 達摩

達摩 Active Member

註冊日期:
    2002-02-25
    文章:
    讚:
    Of course there is nothing about the "Bridge" thing on SingleCut Stoptail, is about the whole design concept. Especially the 2 Volume & 2 Tone controls, and also the "Shape". unlike the SCT which come with more like McCarty pickups switch system.

10. JustPlay

JustPlay Member

註冊日期:
    2005-04-23
    文章:
    讚:
    When you walk into a guitar store where there are lots of PRS Singlecut Stoptails and Trems and Les Pauls, will you mistake the former two for the latter? Gibson argued that you would, and they won the lawsuil (Do the judge and jury play guitars?). 2 V and 2 T surely looks classic, but that wasn't the argument Gibson used.

I wrote my first post above concerning the Singlecut frenzy because I have noticed that many sellers here in US keep telling prospective buyers that the price on a Singlecut will continue to increase by so many folds that it likely to "shoot through the roof". One has the rignt to agree or not with this point. I personally do not , and don't want to see any of my friends in Taiwan get burned.

More info on the lawsuit can be found here: http://www.bizjournals.com/baltimore/stories/2004/05/03/story3.html

Happy Playing~

Last edited: 2005-05-07
  11. 達摩

達摩 Active Member

註冊日期:
    2002-02-25
    文章:
    讚:
    Ya...that's what I said before, I won't pay the god dan crazy price for the PRS SingleCut, only fair price is acceptable.

12. JustPlay

JustPlay Member

註冊日期:
    2005-04-23
    文章:
    讚:
    Just to add a footnote, the four knobs on a Singlecut Stoptail are wired differently from those on a Les Paul.

Happy Playing~

13. bellamy

bellamy Member

註冊日期:
    2003-08-20
    文章:
    讚:
    justplay: Did you receive my mail?

thanks

分享此頁面