本文由 Jeff2003-11-03 發表於 "效果器、Amp、DIY" 討論區

1. Jeff

Jeff 吉他版主

註冊日期:
    2001-09-01
    文章:
    讚:
    又是一個號稱完美重製傳統 Marshall amp 的廠牌,看看這一部 WHITE FRONT 1963 HEAD (WF63):

Same specs as the SF63, this early production replica WF63 has all the magic of our standard Split Front circuit with just one difference in the preamp section. This WF63 has just a little more sag in the front end while the power section still holds it all together perfectly.

NOS Philips 5AR4, NOS Philips 7581A, NOS Mullard ECC83 Valves

[​IMG]

官方網站在這邊:http://www.blockheadamps.com/。裡頭有個 "Skunkworks" 頁面很有意思

</font><blockquote>引言:</font><hr /> skunkworks:
    A skunkworks is a group of people who, in order to achieve unusual results, work on a project in a way that is outside the usual rules. A skunkworks is often a small team that assumes or is given responsibility for developing something in a short time with minimal management constraints. Typically, a skunkworks has a small number of members in order to reduce communications overhead. A skunkworks is sometimes used to spearhead a product design that thereafter will be developed according to the usual process. A skunkworks project may be secret.</font>[/QUOTE]官方 FAQ:

WHAT'S DIFFERENT BETWEEN BLOCKHEAD AMPS AND THOSE "REISSUE" AMPS?

EVERYTHING. Blockhead amps are handcrafted using only the finest parts, with superior construction and of similar materials as the originals. No expense has been spared in the development or the production of Blockhead amplifiers. Other than original "Plexi" amps, there is absolutely nothing else like them anywhere, at any price. Almost everything in our amps is handmade, carefully assembled by hand, then hand wired point to point, and fine tuned to be the best "Plexi" replicas EVER. Our amps are made to last forever.

THIS SOUNDS LIKE IT'S SIMPLE..REMAKING OLD AMPS. WHY CAN'T I JUST HAVE MY LOCAL AMP TECH BUILD ME ONE?

Almost all the critical components used in Blockhead amps are custom made to original spec. A vital part of the original "Plexi" tone. Once you discover the type construction, value, and placement of each of these crucial parts, it is nearly impossible to get them. So,even the most experienced techs, after back engineering and testing each part from an original era amp, will not be able to obtain all the same parts. Especially for a single amp. We also spent years making sure we copied the "best of the best" amps, since plexis varied so much.

WHAT DO BLOCKHEAD AMPS SOUNDS LIKE? CAN I HAVE MODS ADDED?

Blockhead amps are made to sound EXACTLY like the originals that they have been modeled after. There are many factors in determining your ultimate tone; such as guitar construction, pickups, strings, effects pedals, etc.. Not to mention the "It's in the hands" factor. However, we can provide you with the correct amplifier to sound just like your favorite old "Plexi" recording.Blockhead Amplification is focused on providing replica amplifiers without any of those "tone sucking" mods that others have hyped in the past. However, we are continuing to introduce new products and appreciate your feedback.

I'VE HEARD THAT ALL OF THE OLD "PLEXI" AMPS SOUND DIFFERENT. HOW DO I KNOW IF MY BLOCKHEAD AMP SOUNDS THE SAME AS ONE BUILT EARLIER OR LATER?

The Marshall?amplifiers of the mid 1960's were produced using a variety of different parts. Capacitors, Transformers, and other components where purchased based strictly on availability and pricing. Blockhead Amplification has found the "Best of the Best" of these amplifiers and has established consistent sources for our parts to recreate them. Each of our amplifiers is handcrafted to reliably sound EXACTLY like the original "Plexi" it was modeled after. Every time, without exception.

WHAT OPTIONS ARE AVAILABLE FOR BLOCKHEAD AMPS?

Due to the handcrafted nature of these amps, time constraints allow us to produce only a few amps at a time. Our amps come together in weeks, and sometimes months. (Not hours like the other guys) However, we are always building amps and we try to keep the wait as short as possible.

HOW OFTEN DO I NEED TO CHANGE MY TUBES, AND WHEN?

Tubes will last anywhere from six months to many years depending on the tube, manufacturer and usage. Preamp tubes can virtually last forever, and may never need changing. If your amplifier makes any odd noises, or starts to sound differently, ie., less bass response or lack of power, you probably need to change your tubes. All amps should have bias checked by a competent tech whenever output tubes are changed. Please check the BBS listed on our links page for technical advice.

2. 肥臉

肥臉 New Member

註冊日期:
    2002-03-13
    文章:
    讚:
    重製經典AMP會不會很難阿?EBAY有在賣所有經典FENDER,MARSHALL...等AMP的Schematics and manuals並燒成一張cd,如果有一定電子學問的人看了之後做出來會不會一樣阿?如果答案是肯定的,那我就要去拜師囉

分享此頁面