I don't live today. Member

註冊日期:
    2004-03-13
    文章:
    讚:
    15 年到20 年差不多就會有不錯的Aged sound
    不是每種拾音器都會有

Aged tone

[font=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Referring to specific old Strat and Tele pickups wound with Formvar wire:> The tonal characteristics developed with the passing of time and the aging process of certain elements within the structure of a pickup. Usually softened attack, less Ice-pick-in-your-Ear brittleness and lowered dynamic range which results in earlier breaking into distortion yielding a creamy distortion when overdriven and a sweeter treble when played clean. The aging I'm referring to is not the result of magnets aging. New single coils cannot be aged artificially in the same way as this can only happen in the fullness of time. However, certain things can be arranged in a single coil to approximate Aged tone BUT usually this results in some unwanted side effects. My AVn pickups have certain design elements that I have manipulated to replicate genuine aged tone. Ironic ain't it? That a high-tech noiseless design can generate authentic aged tone whereas a single coil has to wait 20 years to age naturally. See also Degaussing in Technical and Un-aged tone immediately below.[/font]

[font=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]NOTE: Kinman pickups are age stable: that is they will not age significantly, even over a long period of time. [/font]

• Un-aged tone
    [font=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]The sound of a new single coil that is very snappy with rapid attack and with the clean high-volume level characteristic that is known as 'Ice-pick-in-your-Ears' [or brittleness / glass / breaking glass]. This also makes the plain strings sound harsh and ragged at high playing levels (clean) and results in diminished intelligibility. These characteristics also don't make for a good distortion sound because of the 'chainsaw' effect it has and the consequent harmonic instability. However, for low to medium level playing (clean) this generous amount of attack is a desirable quality since it provides a satisfying response that may not otherwise be forthcoming from the amplifier. Most recently made single coil pickups conform to this definition since genuine Aging cannot be artificially induced. (Kinman AVn excepted...see above)[/font]

[font=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]NOTE: My Woodstock and Traditional Mk-II sets, although essentially having the un-aged sound characteristics of regular single coils, do behave better at elevated (clean) volume levels and exhibit no Ice pickup tendancies. This is in part due to the low strength magnets that are used and as a consequence the distortion characteristics are better than most regular single coils because the 'chainsaw' effect is dramatically reduced.[/font]

以上 資料取自Kinman Pickups
    http://www.kinman.com/Default.htm

Last edited: 2005-04-24

分享此頁面