我的guitar 是3 個 single coil"的,如果要轉成 mini humbuckers' s' s,可以不改琴身??

本文由 2004-07-17 發表於 "吉他" 討論區

1. 熙

註冊日期:
    2004-07-16
    文章:
    讚:
    請高手指點.....

2. imported_ROCKHEAD

imported_ROCKHEAD Member

註冊日期:
    2004-07-22
    文章:
    讚:
    Go get any Seymour Duncan Mini Humbucker. They are designed to fit Fender Form-Factor single coil. If you play lots of metal or nu-metal, get the "Hot Rails" for the bridge. If you want a more well-rounded metal pickup, get the " JB Junior" for the bridge. If you like classic rock or old school metal, get the "Little 59" for the bridge. Don't get the Little 59 for the neck, it does not match up very well with the strings. I personally prefer the "JB Junior". Visit www.seymourduncan.com click on "Products" and select the "Stratocaster" type.

Good Luck!

3. LW

LW Member

註冊日期:
    2002-10-13
    文章:
    讚:
    我有裝一顆little '59 在我的fender neck 上耶....
    的確.. 他六個磁柱和六條弦不是非常match
    可是我好像聽不出來有什麼差別說....

rockhead 你認為有什麼影響嘛?

4. imported_ROCKHEAD

imported_ROCKHEAD Member

註冊日期:
    2004-07-22
    文章:
    讚:
    LW

The bass (6th string) is a little muddy in high gain mode. It works OK when you use clean tone with volume knob rolled back a little. It's a very powerful pickup (for a mini humbucker, of course). In short, it has a beautiful tone when playing Jazz, or medium gain Les Paul like tone. But it's impossible to achieve a "fender quack" even when in single coil mode. (coil split). Isn't a Fender supposed to sound like a Fender, you know, the low-tech sound ?

5. Thom

Thom New Member

註冊日期:
    2003-09-10
    文章:
    讚:
    hi! rockhead

i think you quite know the mini humbuckers-seymour ducnan well. ..how about get a whole set of jb jr. for my fender stratocaster... ?
    or what else (seymour duncan, for rock style) should i get for the neck and middle
    ?
    and what do you mean 'low-tech' sound?

thanx

6. imported_ROCKHEAD

imported_ROCKHEAD Member

註冊日期:
    2004-07-22
    文章:
    讚:
    What is your main musical style? or what type of music do you plan to use your Fender Strat for?

7. Thom

Thom New Member

註冊日期:
    2003-09-10
    文章:
    讚:
    i want to use it for rock ...
    like 80's .....

8. imported_ROCKHEAD

imported_ROCKHEAD Member

註冊日期:
    2004-07-22
    文章:
    讚:
    Hi,

Changing pickups could be a complicated and tough job, especially getting the right ones for a Fender Strat. The Stratocasters have fretboard radius ranging from 7.5 to 9.5. The older Strats are not suitable for modern music, and the new soft C neck is not as flat as the 10 and 12 but is workable for metal and hard rock in a special way. This kind of explains why new metal rockers don't favour the Fender Strat. Originally designed for blues,rock, Pop rock, and hard rock('60s, '70s, and '80s), the Strat has it's own single-coil flavor sounds that is hard to be replaced by any other electric guitars, and that is why every session guitar player MUST have and prepare one. As a general guideline, if you want to play POP Rock and Hard Rock you should keep the single-coil flavor in the neck and middle pickup and go for the JB jr. If you want to play straight '80s and early '90 Hard Rock and Metal, get a whole set of Hot Rail ( ala Iron Maiden). Also, be careful about the volume balance between the pickups.

I sold my US Strat Floyd Rose with SD modified pickups and bought a brand new 2004 American Deluxe Strat with new S-1 switch and SC and DH-1 pickups. Guess what? It is the best Fender Strat I have ever owned and the sounds are very versatile. Finally, Fender is doing something right and my search for a better Fender sound is over. I love this new guitar because it covers 75% of the sounds I use for POP Rock and Hard Rock. When it comes to playing real Heavy Metal, I use my Jackson RR-1with EMG81/85 set and the Gibson SG Standard. See, after owning 25 different guitars ( I now have 7 only) I have come to the conclusion that there is no "silver bullet" when it comes to guitar.

9. coolp

coolp New Member

註冊日期:
    2003-11-29
    文章:
    讚:
    首先說mini humbuckers,如果指的是(其實本來就是)P90那種呎吋的拾音器,則肯定需要一些額外的改動。
    如果說是雙綫圈單拾音器呎吋的那種(比如JB JR),則可以不對琴身做任何改動。
    不過不推薦三個都是雙綫圈拾音器的組閤。

10. Thom

Thom New Member

註冊日期:
    2003-09-10
    文章:
    讚:
    yes , thank you !rockhead.
    your suggestion really do me a lot of favor!, i do appreciate, you are right , fender is fender, the special flavour, special unique tone, no one can compare with it , that's why i bought my fender, i just forgot it and got confused for a while, and now i find it again with your words...

thanx

分享此頁面