有人聽Neil Young嗎?

本文由 +CRUSADER+2004-08-15 發表於 "音樂、樂理、其他樂器" 討論區

1. +CRUSADER+

+CRUSADER+ Member

註冊日期:
    2003-01-31
    文章:
    讚:
    這裡有人聽Neil Young嗎?是不是可以介紹一下他的唱片或他的人?去唱片行找一下他的唱片,似乎還蠻多的,不知怎下手,他好像是彈鄉村民謠比較多是嗎?去年丹佛G3有翻唱他的歌曲Rockn' in the free world,覺得蠻讚的,想多了解他一下,謝謝.

2. 芬達

芬達 Member

註冊日期:
    2002-01-02
    文章:
    讚:
    Heart of Gold
    讚!!!

3. 羊博士

羊博士 New Member

註冊日期:
    2004-07-22
    文章:
    讚:
    hey hey my my rock n roll never die~

4. Paul_Yan

Paul_Yan New Member

註冊日期:
    2004-08-16
    文章:
    讚:
    Hi all,

Neil Young is a songwriter/singer/guitarist and a true legend. He's from Canada.

He was a member of Buffalo Springfield (folk rock), in the late '60s, before joining CSNY (Crosby, Stills, Nash & Young; check out their album "Deja Vu", which is excellent!) in 1968. They attended Woodstock in '69.

He went solo after quitting CSNY and really shone afterwards. His best known songs, besides "Heart Of Gold" and "Hey Hey My My (Into The Blue)", are: "Don't Let It bring You down", "Only Love Can Break Your Heart", "Southern Man", "Down By The River", "Cinnamon Girl", "Cowgirl In the Sand", "Tonight's The Night", "Cortez The Killer" and "Hopeless", just to name a few.

Besides "Rockn' in the free world" being covered in G3 last year, Roy Buchanan (excellent white blues guitarist) covered his "Down by The River" in the late '70s. Dave Matthews Band did "Cortez The Killer", with Warren Haynes (The Allman Brothers Band/Govrn't Mule) playing a flame-top Les Paul, in their 2003 concert in the Central Park, NY.

His long-time backing band is "Crazy Horse". Some of his albums are billed "Neil Young and Crazy Horse" instead of Neil Young alone.

Starting out as a folk singer, he's primarily an acoustic guitar player but plays a black Gibson Les Paul (equipped with Bigsby tremolo) that he calls "Blackie" in his heavier songs. He's one of the first few players to have a custom-made pedalboard on which the knobs are motorized and actually move when changing presets. He has a "unique" minimalist soloing style in which he plays only one overdriven note, with wide emotional vibrato, incessantly for 8 or 16 bars...way more touching than playing a thousand notes. "Less Is More", he says.

To get a grip of his prime works, I highly recommend the albums: "After The Gold Rush", "Harvest", "Rust Never Sleeps", "Everybody Knows This Is Nowhere" and "Tonight's The Night".

The concert film "Rust Never Sleeps" is a must-see/hear if you really like him. It's available in DVD form.

*Sorry I can't type Chinese. Haven't learned to yet.

5. +CRUSADER+

+CRUSADER+ Member

註冊日期:
    2003-01-31
    文章:
    讚:
    最近買了他的Harvest專輯,裡面有Heart of Gold這首歌,還蠻讚的,謝謝各位的推薦了,另外想問一下,Heart of Gold這首歌是不是有很多人翻唱過阿,一聽就覺得好熟的感覺.

6. 39

39 Member

註冊日期:
    2002-06-06
    文章:
    讚:
    我個人首推Tonight's The Night這張專輯,
    就是聽了這張專輯,我才開始去買NEIL的更多專輯..

以下是轉載於網站"MUSIC543"的介紹

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    AMG Rating ★★★★★
    RS Album Guide ★★★★★
    滾石雜誌搖滾百大名盤第26名。Spin另類指南百大專輯第14名。

這張專輯和John Lennon的Plastic Ono Band、Bruce Springsteen的Nebraska一樣,都是挖掘自我內在黑暗角落的私密之作。一張只宜在闃暗午夜聆聽的專輯。當年唱片公司不願意發行這張,認為它太混亂、太沒章法,聽起來像幾個爛醉的酒鬼在惡搞,延遲了一年有餘才出版,沒想到它成為老楊最令人難忘的偉大作品之一。

這張專輯的引子是老楊的兩位好友,巡迴演唱助理Bruce Berry和Crazy Horse吉他手Danny Whitten相繼因吸毒過量過世,對他造成極大的打擊。老楊因此意志消沈、終日爛醉,後來決定和Crazy Horse其他的團員進錄音間,把他的悲痛都化為一首首鑽心挖肺的歌...。
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

分享此頁面