Buying Gear from Ed Roman and eBay (Evil Bay)

本文由 JustPlay2005-04-24 發表於 "吉他" 討論區

1. JustPlay

JustPlay Member

註冊日期:
    2005-04-23
    文章:
    讚:
    Please be extremely careful if you want to purchase a guitar from Ed Roman (www.edromanguitars.com). His reputation is really bad here in US. Some of his comments are helpful, but please take most of them with a grain of salt. His "world's best guitars" are far, far, far away from being the best.

When buying a guitar on eBay--nicknamed Evil Bay here--please ask all possible questions about the guitar, its case, and original accessories. People in US are no more honest than the folks in Taiwan.

Happy playing~

2. LynchFan

LynchFan Active Member

註冊日期:
    2004-09-26
    文章:
    讚:
    跟我聽到的一樣...

3. 老江

老江 Active Member

註冊日期:
    2003-06-30
    文章:
    讚:
    說到這個 現在Baker吉他已經被Ed Roman所買下, Ed Roman的網站上講的天花亂墜。說什麼 Baker吉他比Prs便宜很多 可是又更棒 有的沒的,講的好像去買PRS 都是笨蛋一樣......請問 美國對於現在出產的Baker有什麼feedback呢? Baker這位原本的老闆現在又在幹麻呢?謝謝

4. JustPlay

JustPlay Member

註冊日期:
    2005-04-23
    文章:
    讚:
    Yes, it is true that Ed Roman and a friend of his bought the name BAKER. I don't remember whether it's Korea or Japan, but the post-GeneBaker, a.k.a. Ed Roman's Baker guitars (Gene Baker was the founder of Baker guitars) are being made in one of the two countries.

I had one BJH, one B1, and one B1H before. They were pretty nice guitars. I haven't played any of Ed Roman's Bakers, so I can't tell you whether I like them or not. The common feedback from people who have ED Bakers seems to be that they are OK guitars.

Gene Baker established a new company and is making guitars again.

When shopping for a Baker, make sure to check the serial number and model name. Some people here in US got duped by Ed Roman. They thought they got pre-EdRoman Bakers for a steal when in fact they bought post-GeneBaker guitars. Visit www.bakergutiars.com. You can find lots of useful info there. If still in doubt, call or e-mail the man himself.
    His e-mail and phone number are sales31@verizon.net and (805) 343-2686.

Happy Playing~ (It's great to know that Taiwan has more and more talented guitar players coming out) Rock on~

5. LynchFan

LynchFan Active Member

註冊日期:
    2004-09-26
    文章:
    讚:
    So...
    Is it ture about all his famous brand custom guitars are all made by Ed himself at his home garage?

6. JustPlay

JustPlay Member

註冊日期:
    2005-04-23
    文章:
    讚:
    I think it's true, but you should call Ed to confirm.
    I met the guys building and repairing guitars for Ed about three years ago. They are nice people. I just don't like their boss, Ed, as a business man.

When buying a guitar from Ed, make sure the guitar you're buying hasn't been "modified" by one of his guys, especially if you are buying a Jackson, PRS, or BC Rich.

Happy Playing~

7. LynchFan

LynchFan Active Member

註冊日期:
    2004-09-26
    文章:
    讚:
    Well... Personally
    I won't even try to buy thing with him.
    It's to creepy to buy thing with him.

8. Naunz

Naunz New Member

註冊日期:
    2004-10-06
    文章:
    讚:
    BTW, here's the site of his new company.
    http://www.finetunedinstruments.com/

9. fairock

fairock New Member

註冊日期:
    2002-02-14
    文章:
    讚:
    Cool to see some Baker fans on a Ed Roman thread. Buyers bewares, please don't buy into ED Roman's bullshit. The Ed Roman Baker comes in thin body, and 25" scale, and 24 frets. The USA Gene Baker guitar is in 22 frets, available in 24.675" or 25.5" scale. Couple years ago, when Roman was still Baker's dealer, Gene made few 24 freters prototypes for Roman. -_-..

Gene is finally back and working on the Fine Tunes fiddles. He is currently making a prototype for Robben Ford. Using the existing Ford Shapes, the new model's name is called the Athena. Currently, Gene is not taking orders, but will be, once he gets all the fixtures and tools sorted! I have a B1H Namm edition, amazing guitar. I absolutely love it. Like Gene said, "Always stay Fine Tuned".

分享此頁面